who remembers Armstrong tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Anyone remember Armstrong tires? i was going through pics of my old 88 and it had a set of old Armstrong 33x12.5x15s on it. they were extrememly fdryrotted but measured to about 34" and were like 10 or 12 ply or something IIRC. the cleaned well had a slight hum but very slight overall my favorite tire for multiuse. i like my coopers too but theyre just not the same and suck if theres anything on the ground. so question is i know the cepek F-CII is supposedly the copy cat but i also know they rmble more and have greater wear as well as a 33x12.5x15 is smaller than a 33. and id be looking at a 16' rim which is still 32.8 not 33.4-34'. so anyone know of anything similar that will measure to a true 33 or slightly larger?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea i could, my logic isnt quit logical though. im geared for a 33 but id like a true 33 or between a 33 and 35.

also i know the fcII dont last as long and hum alot more, and i dont know how the do in snow, yes its the same pattern but theres obviously some differences.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do! I had a set on a CJ5. They had an "A" as side biters for the tread. Always assumed that the fun country II was the original and that the Armstrong was the copy cat.