Whine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Something I've been noticing for a while. When I drive my truck, it has some kind of whine as it is driving, when it shifts the whine is in tune with the RPMs, whines at idle as well. Anyone had something similar, or can tell me what it is? Sounds like a really loud supercharger inside of the truck.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be interference from your ignition passing through your radio- the frequency of the noise changes with the RPMs. That's not uncommon for an aftermarket radio. You aren't being clear whether the sound is originating in the cab or elsewhere.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Mine does that when I have my phone plugged into the charger and playing music through the radio. If that is in fact what he's referring to, inside.

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be interference from your ignition passing through your radio- the frequency of the noise changes with the RPMs. That's not uncommon for an aftermarket radio. You aren't being clear whether the sound is originating in the cab or elsewhere.
i agree and.is usually a ground issue

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'll have to take a look at the fluid.
I can hear it inside clear as day, nothing outside. I never thought of the aftermarket radio making it do that. hm, I'm not outside when I drive it so I dunno if it makes the noise other than the inside, but I am fairly sure its inside only.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
My truck did a similar thing awhile back. It started soft, but got louder as time went on. It turns out the alternator was going bad. Once we replaced the alternator, the whine went away. I 'think' it was coming through the speakers.