Which computer do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I've contacted that guy several times. No reply.

My engine is TBI. I've read that MPFI is nothing more than a different intake manifold that still uses the TBI, so what's the point?

Check your spam folder. Especially, if you have G-Mail. I work in I.T. and maintain a Google domain. They have INCREDIBLY aggressive spam filters.

He's usually very responsive. Don't give up hope on him. I love the system; you would too. If you ever do any performance upgrades, you're future proofed. I had no tuning experience and still have very Novice level skills and was able to get the truck running like a top, for the most part. My procrastinating personality gets in the way of a few VE Learns... The documentation that comes with the system is top-notch. I have a feeling this guy was an engineer or IT person at some point in his life.

Are you good with computers?

Last edited:

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Jee
Check your spam folder. Especially, if you have G-Mail. I work in I.T. and maintain a Google domain. They have INCREDIBLY aggressive spam filters.

He's usually very responsive. Don't give up hope on him. I love the system; you would too. If you ever do any performance upgrades, you're future proofed. I had no tuning experience and still have very Novice level skills and was able to get the truck running like a top, for the most part. My procrastinating personality gets in the way of a few VE Learns... The documentation that comes with the system is top-notch. I have a feeling this guy was an engineer or IT person at some point in his life.

Jeez, rereading that, it almost seems like I drank the EBL-Flash II flavored Purple Kool Aid...

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ya know... I NEVER check my junk/spam folder. EVER. Guess where Bobr's replies were.

I don't think I'll need to go with the Dynamic EFI just yet. Like I said, I found an ECU that matches what I need, so I'm going to wait and see how that runs before I send it in for any $$$$ modifications (I'm sorry, but $400+ is ridiculous for changing pins, installing a daughter board, and uploading some software).

@FrankieD61 yes I'm quite adept with computers. I've grown to hate them, however, since the advent of the cloud, AI, and the social medial takeover. Like, a computer is supposed to do what I tell it to, NOT the other way around.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Ya know... I NEVER check my junk/spam folder. EVER. Guess where Bobr's replies were.

I don't think I'll need to go with the Dynamic EFI just yet. Like I said, I found an ECU that matches what I need, so I'm going to wait and see how that runs before I send it in for any $$$$ modifications (I'm sorry, but $400+ is ridiculous for changing pins, installing a daughter board, and uploading some software).

@FrankieD61 yes I'm quite adept with computers. I've grown to hate them, however, since the advent of the cloud, AI, and the social medial takeover. Like, a computer is supposed to do what I tell it to, NOT the other way around.

Oh, I haven't really been keeping up. If you found a computer that works, awesome! I'll say it once more... This system is great keep it in mind if the computer you have now doesn't pan out (he would install the daughter board. You just have to change some pins)

I love the technology behind computer, the history, the logic, pretty much everything except the culture which you mentioned... Totally ruined the good old days of the 80s and 90s perhaps even the early 2000s..