which bedliner is best for the buck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benjaminbarton55

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I've read up on a ton of stuff. I'm definitely bedlining my rocker panels. But I'm confused on what to buy. Rhino Linings has like 5 different kinds. Also, Duplicolor and Rustoleum have there own too. Which brand is best for the buck? I'd like to buy just the spray can stuff because its cheaper. But does it even hold up? I don't want a crappy job, I want it done right. I kinda trust rhino liner just because my buddy has had good feedback about it. I'm just confused. So let me in on some insight to anything I don't know. And let me know how the aerosol stuff has worked out for you fellows. And please let me know which kind of rhinoliner is the "best".I probably sound really dumb for asking all this. But when it comes to a gmt400, its gotta be perfect.

Thanks!

Mr. Question Asker

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Roll on Herculiner. Best quality for the buck. Prep is all.

~Via Mobile now Free

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^^^^. Use it in my jeeps and my buddies jeeps. I did my interior in my off-road rig in it and it holds up real well. Just remember that good prep is key..... I rolled and brushed mine.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I stand behind duplicolor bedliner spray. I prefer the cheaper one than the "bed armor" but it is a great product too. The bed armor has more texture, buy the plain duplicolor lays on more level and even.

If you can roll on, herculiner is where it's at! I just don't like spending so much....

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Herculiner hands down that stuff is super tough I did the interior of my Samurai and it held up great to tonnes of abuse.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mine is Line-x. I'm guessing it's the Canadian equivalent of Rhino.

Been in there since 1998. Bed is not dented, rusted of scratched and it's taken one hell of a beating over the years. Everything from a slide in camper to lumber and landscaping. Cleans with a hose back to factory finish.

IMO, it's hard to beat the thickness and durability of a commercially sprayed in liner. So for me, that's "best bang for the buck"...

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Line x is the ****, but it's ridiculously expensive. Roughly 600 for just the bed.
3000-5000 for an entire vehicle spray

I would guess the same, 500-600 for just the rockers of a truck.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I was quoted $725 to do the rockers of mine. I have Rhino liner in my bed, it's awesome, has been in there for almost the life of the truck. I do like Line-X, great brand and company. I've heard good things about Herculiner, but like was mentioned before you have to prep it properly. Are you wanting black or a color? I'm not sure how many of them out there come in different colors besides Line-X.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
If you have access to an air compressor, raptor liner is awesome if you wanna do black. 1 kit would be enough for the rockers. A foreman at the strip mine I used to work at done his company truck in it. He used 4 kits to do his entire truck and i have personally hit it with a sledge hammer and it didn't chip or dent.
Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/350895320194?lpid=82

Monstaliner has great reviews everywhere, and cab also be tinted.
http://monstaliner.com/

It all depends on what you want to spend, and the equipment you have access to.

Cheap = Duplicolor rattle cans

More money = herculiner roll on

More money and an air compressor = raptor liner or monstaliner

Loaded = line x or rhino lining.

I'm holding out on mine until i can afford 2 gallons of monstaliner and the tint.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
...Loaded = line x or rhino lining...

That all depends on how you look at it.

700 bucks to do the bed. Mine has lasted since 1998, that's nearly 15 years.

So: 700/15= 46 bucks a year.

And it's still going strong.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Of course, if you plan to get rid of the truck in short order, it's not worth it.

If you plan to do the whole truck and we assume 3,000:

3,000/15 = 200 per year.

Still pretty good for a coating that stands up to nearly anything you can throw at it. Problem is the panel rusting out from behind or if water gets in between the liner and the steel.

You can adjust the numbers for the planned number of years you want to keep the truck and decide if it's worth it or not.

You can also adjust for a lower priced product, but then you have to take into consideration the potentially lower quality/protecting product.

If ya got a rust bucket is another concern. If it is, I'd say throw whatever on it because it's only going to last a couple months/years anyways.

For the record, I didn't own the truck in 98. The PO put the line-x in. But after having used it myself, I'll pop the extra dough if I ever buy a new truck.