which 4x6 speakers should i get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK im finally getting around to putting in a sound system in my 1994 rcsb. i have gotten a boss 340 watt head unit, and a 12 inch kicker sub. i am trying to find some good 4x6 to replace the stock ones and was wondering what type of speakers every one was running, i have been satisfied with kicker quality, but was wondering if there were any other brands that made some great 4x6's.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run Infinity reference 4x6's in the front and their 6x9s behind my seats. still holding up after a couple years.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at the Polk offerings. reading good things about their sound quality and I also like the Kicker sub idea ( reg. cab also). having amp selection issues and head unit also. I may try the infinity's rear ( bass is a bit better they say) and the polk's up front.. taking my time doing my homework.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you like your infinity's i really haven't heard to much about them.
also i have a Polk audio amp that is suppose to be good, but haven't heard anything about there speakers.
i was thinking of running kickers for all my speakers and sub, since there not over expensive but not cheap, i just haven't found anyone running them for 4x6's witch makes me have second thoughts about them.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had Kicker KS46's in my '95 and just had them installed in my '03 today. Reasonably priced and they're a decent speaker. Not bass crazy obviously but make sure you put dynamat around them or you will hear some rattles.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at the Polk offerings. reading good things about their sound quality and I also like the Kicker sub idea ( reg. cab also). having amp selection issues and head unit also. I may try the infinity's rear ( bass is a bit better they say) and the polk's up front.. taking my time doing my homework.

I have Polk's and they're awesome! You can fit the "plate type" speakers in the rear and they sound quite a bit clearer. I have a Kenwood powered sub under the seat to fill in the bass and it sounds great :)

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how do you like your infinity's i really haven't heard to much about them.
also i have a Polk audio amp that is suppose to be good, but haven't heard anything about there speakers.
i was thinking of running kickers for all my speakers and sub, since there not over expensive but not cheap, i just haven't found anyone running them for 4x6's witch makes me have second thoughts about them.

Kicker 4x6's are terrible... I had those in my last truck and you couldn't turn them up over the road noise before they cracked and cut out.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
today i went to best buy and was talking to one of the tech guys he said that he didn't no to many people that bought 4x6's but did say that Rockford was a good company that liked to stand behind there product.
what do y'all think are the best.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
best buy caters to the subwoofer crowd.... anyway... I'm partial to alpine myself but I have a concern about their depth, I have to get some specs. Crutchfield says they may have an issue with the stock grille. I have to like the polk and or the infinitys after that with the Rocks comin in fourth or tie for third.

I do want to leave my options open to add a narrow Kicker should the 4x6 not prove bass worthy. I'm also worried about em shouting in my ear in a reg. cab , considering a door relocate, 6.5 thing...

I'm still researching myself and will keep looking at this post and adding as needed. Ordered carpet and mats today , tomorrows another day