Where to purchase reman axel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do u know if the LD C2500's are 6 lug? Or are they 5 lug like the C1500's I was offered a 1990 LD C2500 with a 14 b sf and a blown motor for cheap but about the only thing I could use is a few body parts and the rear if it's 6 lug not much else would swap to my 95 k1500 also is the width the same 2wd to 4wd?
6 lug. No 5 lug on 14 bolts. Except SS 454 pickups (if you see one, BUY IT)

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Do u know if the LD C2500's are 6 lug? Or are they 5 lug like the C1500's I was offered a 1990 LD C2500 with a 14 b sf and a blown motor for cheap but about the only thing I could use is a few body parts and the rear if it's 6 lug not much else would swap to my 95 k1500 also is the width the same 2wd to 4wd?

the 2wd trucks are 5 lug, the 4wd are 6....HD 3/4 ton and 1 ton are 8 in either class.
the option code F44 in a 1/2 ton IS the "heavy half" and is basically the same as a "light" 3/4 ton.....the HD 2500 has the 8 lugs and a higher GVW. i believe F44 is the heavy duty suspension with higher 7,200 lb GVW

GM did some weird **** though, so nothing is written in stone, but the above is usually true.......some folks will say that hydroboost brakes were never offered in a half ton, but ALL the diesels have it.....and the 1/2 ton diesel trucks got the big 4L80 transmission and the 14 bolt semi floater.......i've read someone saw an 8 lug half ton out there too.

if i'm wrong i hope someone will correct me.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i stand corrected....i forgot the SS for the moment......i guess i don't remember knowing there are heavy and light 3/4 ton 2wd trucks. never had one but my '76 C20 Camper Special and that was 5 lug.

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just rebuild the one that's on the truck? It's a 6-lug, so i'm assuming it's an 8.5" axle. Get new ring and pinion for your ratio, rebuild kit, bearing, seals, etc... and throw in a Detroit TruTrac.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
2wd and 4wd rear axles are not the same width drum to drum. A lot of suburbans are already JB6 brakes, so no upgraded brake package would be included in going from 8.5" to 9.5" if this is the case. Check glove box sticker to be sure. Suburbans have rear anti-sway bars, and the most common 9.5" rears from pickups do not have the mounting tabs. The axle tubes on the 9.5" are bigger, so that creates a problem to work around unless you can score a 6 lug 9.5 from a half ton diesel suburban. You will want the sway bar.
3.42 is not great for towing. Tons of money on another 8.5" is not a good idea. If you are planning to spend big $, get a 6 lug 9.5".

This is all first hand knowledge as I've recently swapped a grenaded 8.5 with a lot of $ in it for a rock solid 4.56/trutrac 9.5" 6 lug in my suburban.

Kirth Gersen

Reaction score
... My brick and mortar options are advanced with a Spartan ATK unit, Autozone or Napa (I don't even know if they offer reman's) or online or purchase a salvage unit and try to rebuild it on my own. ...
fyi I've started looking into a re-man rear end for my 94 Blazer.
The Autozone & Napa units are both sourced from http://atkvege.com .
For my vehicle, price is $1600-1700 for the G80 gov-lok version.
Both retailers reference the same ATK-Vege part #s and it has a 3yr warranty. Don't know if ATK is any good.
What that warranty seems to mean, is a $50/hr reimbursement rate at an "authorized" repair shop