wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Any Chevy/GMC 8 lug wheel prior to 2011
Any Ford 8 lug wheel prior to 1997
Any Dodge 8 lug wheel to current, unless they changed since '20.

Note: this only takes into account the lug pattern. Not wheel diameter, width, backspacing, etc.

doc2500

Reaction score
8-Lug Bolt Pattern Conversions (mm to Inches)
8-165.1mm = 8-6.5" is the lug pattern. There are several manufacturers. The issue is backspace/offset for the width of the rim you choose and how you wish to see the tire in relation to the fender. Check out Custom Offsets Gallery for ideas. I have a factory height '97 with 18x9 Ion 171s wearing 265/65 BFGR KO2. I could have gone larger without any interference and they are just about tucked/inline with the top of the fender.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep - I can't forget the user but someone on here had mid-90s F350 wheels on their burb. Looked so clean on that thing
This guy -> https://www.gmt400.com/threads/power-steering-moan.58237/

Utilizing aftermarket push-through style center caps, which appears to be working with the hub bore size. Note that wheels of this style are usually lug-centric (conical seat lug nuts) so if the hub bore isn't a snug fit it really doesn't matter. Before anybody starts arguing with me about that, consider the wide variety of aftermarket wheels that aren't hub-centric.

Just watch out when picking up used wheels like this that the lug seats aren't all chewed up from years of removal/installation. If you go with the Ford wheels they have 4 indentations around the hub where their center cap clips on, so you will see these a little bit if you use a push-through cap. The Ford wheels are made by Alcoa and are 16x7, used on F250 and F350 models in the 90's just be sure you check them closely before buying as Ford changed bolt patterns quite a few times over the years. I'm pretty sure they're 8x6.5 through 1998.

Richard