Need help identifying this wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone run across these 16x9 American Racing (maybe?) 8-lug aluminum wheels before? I can not find anything on them... I'm going crosseyed

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They have American Racing cast in the wheel or other identity markings? Just in case it's just cap installed on a different wheel?

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At this point, I have to assume it's a mismatched cap. I have found no castings on it, either size or manufacturer. There does appear to be a long gone (paper?) sticker on the insides. They are aluminum.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With @Trio's identification I was able to find the American Racing's page
for this (discontinued) wheel. (See attached for part #s, bolt patterns, offset info, etc)
*LINK*

Nice looking wheel. Also looks easy to clean. Personally speaking, nothing's worse
than not wanting to clean your vehicle because the wheels are so intricate that they
take longer to clean all by themselves than the entire rest of the vehicle. :-(

Simple is good. :0)

Attachments

• American Racing Polished Python.jpg
    American Racing Polished Python.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you sir! :)

Interesting that your chart shows the 1515002 cap, which is the newer (cheaper) chrome'ish version with a sticker emblem. I think that the original cap that goes with it is the 1515001s, a polished stainless steel with a hard plastic emblem. I'm on the hunt for the originals, but have only found one so far. They used to be sold on Amazon apparently, so hopefully I can scrape 3 more good ones together.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
American Racing "Python" - I ran a 17" set on my '02 Avalanche 20 years ago. You're welcome... ;) I loved those wheels when I had them back then.
I remember seeing these wheels EVERYWHERE when I was a kid back in the 2000s, I feel like these style of wheels were insanely popular for like, 5 or 6 years and then they just fell off.
Thank you sir! :)

Interesting that your chart shows the 1515002 cap, which is the newer (cheaper) chrome'ish version with a sticker emblem. I think that the original cap that goes with it is the 1515001s, a polished stainless steel with a hard plastic emblem. I'm on the hunt for the originals, but have only found one so far. They used to be sold on Amazon apparently, so hopefully I can scrape 3 more good ones together.
Personally I think the old "shotgun shell" style caps look the best as far as aftermarket wheel center caps go,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221-235550.png
    Screenshot_20231221-235550.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 1