Identify dually wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hoping someone can identify these wheels I came across scrolling through for sale ads. They resemble 19.5 “Frito” wheels (black wheels for comparison) with the holes, but based on the size of the flat area where the bolt pattern is looks to be smaller diameter. Seller has listed with minimal info, trying to find out more.

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpeg
    IMG_3814.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3815.png
    IMG_3815.png
    687.8 KB · Views: 17

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely nothing to do with Frito wheels, either of those pics. These are Frito 19.5's -

You must be registered for see images attach

Which are 19.5" on 8x165, so-named Frito 19.5's because they came from the P30 vans that were commonly seen as Frito Lay delivery trucks.

I think that extra hole in the wheels you're looking at indicates they're from a Ford application, and the multiple hole pattern I'm pretty sure is from a van. E350.. those wheels look familiar to you because you've probably seen a million old U-Haul trucks with them. Here's an older E350, note the 8 hole wheel design:

If the wheels you're lookiing at are indeed early Ford wheels, sure, the bolt pattern is 8x165 but with a 4.88" hub bore. These are hubcentric wheels so the hub bore matters totally. GMT400 dually hub bore is 4.56" so the Ford wheels will not work.

Richard

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without being there in person to see and touch 'em, I am just guessing, of course. If they're local to you, no harm in checking it out. If there's a hub bore difference, that would be the dealbreaker though.

Richard
The seller is 3 hours away so I’m just going to pass on them and keep looking.