Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nine7gmc

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to ask but is anyone running wheel spacers on a 400? I am thinking about ordering 2" spacers to help get that stance I'm looking for. Anybody running them and have photos?

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I have 2in spacers
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You mean the typical addition of spacers to the rear of a 4x4 to get the rear track to match the front? Plenty have done it, no real issue as long as you use quality spacers and torque them and your wheels properly - and then retorque a few times to be sure. A slightly narrower rear track helps to prevent oversteer (go read up about suspension geometry if you really care) but it's a 4x4, not a track car, so it may not make any difference to you.

I've got a few different bolt-on spacers/adapters form Ezaccessory, pretty good quality, and decent price for what you get. Just beware that if you're not REALLY specific on custom jobs they might get it wrong. A simple same-pattern bolt-on spacer hard to get it wrong as they keep those in stock ready to go.

Richard

nine7gmc

Reaction score
Looks good man, I am going to put them in both the front and rear, not to even them out but to extend my wheels out past my fenders to throw a little mud around, haha my buddy threw a set on his jeep xj and it looks mean head on and I have been looking into a set for mine for a while

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Looks good man, I am going to put them in both the front and rear, not to even them out but to extend my wheels out past my fenders to throw a little mud around, haha my buddy threw a set on his jeep xj and it looks mean head on and I have been looking into a set for mine for a while

that's why I did it I love the wide stance

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you notice any difference driving/steering wise? Better stability?