Wheel Space Issue [Fixed]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong category, didn't really see a dedicated wheel and tire section and right now my wheel is interfering with my brakes.

Long story short, I threw a set of 15x8 wheels all around my lifted C1500. The rear works great (mainly because of the 1.5" spacer in the rear that looks like it'll need upped to a 2"), but the front has an issue with the inside of the wheel rubbing the face of the caliper. I've thrown a 1/4" spacer on it to get me home but I'm only able to thread the stock lug nuts (a long stock lugnut, mind you) about halfway on the stud itself. My buddy has some shorter stock lug nuts that seem like they would get the stud on flush with the top of the lug nut but I'm still not convinced.

Considering the studs are pressed into our rotors, how do I go about getting a set of longer studs (or a better fit spacer that actually holds against the bore of the rotor)? The 1/4" that's on there right now is a "universal" one the tire shop had lying around and it's definitely of subpar quality. I'd rather now dump the extra money into buying a different set of wheels as the set I have now are only in the current setup with backspacing, so if I bought two new front wheels I'd have to buy the matching set for the rear, then it's another $150 on top of that to get the 32" tires mounted and balanced correctly again :banghead:

Last edited:

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
So as it turns out, I did some digging on my front end and the tire shop flat out lied to me about the rubbing issue.

I took the cheap eBay spacer off the wheel and mounted it back up, then ran my finger inside the wheel and turned it past the caliper, and there was zero contact. Took the other spacer off then drove the truck a mile down the road. Jumped out and checked the inside of the wheel. No scars anywhere.

Looks like I won't be doing business with that shady shop again.