Wheel size preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm gonna go the 16" route. I think I'm gonna go for the mickey thompson classics in chrome

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres what I've got on now:

Ive always thought they looked good and i suppose they do, but looking at them now i do think that they look too big

You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer 15's on any truck. But I'm old school. The problem is 15" tires are getting harder to find.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me the shape of these trucks call for some sidewall. I haven't seen many '88-'99 trucks I like that are riding on low profile tires. I'm biased though, because I don't like low profile tires on much of anything that doesn't run 150+ mph. My opinion, a good 3 inches of sidewall is a must.

Exactly. These are trucks, and that says truck type wheel/tire combos. And, those low profile tire/big wheel combos can be bad news if you hit a bad pothole or curb by mistake. Easy to bend one of those wheels, then bucks to fix it.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Love my py0s just wish they were 4" wider

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I just bought 275 60 15s for the front and 295 65 15s for the rear, 8" rim up front 10' out back, Aero rims.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The PO of our Suburban had 20s from a newer Suburban when we looked at it, and swapped back to 16s for us. I prefer the stockers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk