wheel lean...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lost06

Reaction score
I have a 96 2wd 1/2 ton. When I look at it from the rear. It seems that the drivers side tire lean in toward the truck.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have a suggested remedy?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
sounds like a little negative camber...i have that on both front wheels. (5 inch drop in front).

i still have the knock-outs in the front...but if you have those out you can get a better alignment. i've been putting it off.

EDIT: just noticed you asked in the Lifted and Offroad section... replies might be few and far between since you're 2wd

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
a 2wd uses shims behind the upper control arm, take some out to tip the wheel out, the fact that its tipped in the first place makes me wonder if you have bad balljoints or if something is bent

Lost06

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I meant to say it was the back wheel.

2wd didn't have an axle section. And I figured off road guys would see this more often with the abuse they give their trucks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Either your actual truck is leaning a little bit, or something is bent. does the truck look level with the ground?

Lost06

Reaction score
I recently had the bed off to replace it with another one and while it was off it was noticable. I was hoping that the old bed was maybe deformed from an accident but even with the new bed on, it still has a lean to it.

When I lowered it, I noticed that the drivers wheel tucked more than the other side. But after looking I thought that either the bed is messed up or it was the wheel.

I am hoping that maybe there is something worn on the inside of the rear end that is replacable. I know know nothing about rear ends.