What's your AC temp at? Mine is a little hot...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So. My old compressor had a leak in it, I replaced that, believe me I did everything by the book new tubes, dryer all the good stuff, vacuumed it down and charged it up to 2 pounds about a year goes by with the AC on every single day it got to about half a pound and it was about 75 degrees (better than the 120 degrees outside) so i took it and got it checked it was at half a pound of freon, guy charged it up (didn't go to my company owned mechanic) he put 2 pounds in for me. Well.... It now has a little over 2 lbs of freon but the temp is the same? What's going on? This thing used to get down to like 50 degrees...

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only 50?

Damn, my R-12 drops to the upper 20's-lower 30's while driving.

Are you R-12 or R-134a? I'd expect R-134a (and esp. R-12) to do better than that...

96z71sas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 k2500 5.7 blows at 47 degrees when I drive but at a stop light goes up to 52 degrees and stays there I bought a set of gauges to check it right way last summer it blew at 45 degrees all the time. Why is it going up when truck not moving u think compressor is bad? In your case I would check pressure right way to from there.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the specs for a 98, I’d think it would be the same for your 96.

At a glance, depending on humidity and ambient temperature, it’s supposed to give at least 30-40 degrees differential. The more the better of course.

That it’s warmer when sitting still is normal, you’re not getting as much air across the condenser. I’ve heard where some had a/c performance issues with a failing fan clutch, so that may be something to look into.

Rev it up and see if it gets cooler.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk