What's y'all's oil pressure readings on 5.7 vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine at idle...mine's around 20. In general 10 psi per 1000 rpm is the minimum for a SBC

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
GM oil pressure gauges aren't dummy gauges like some other manufacturers *cough* Ford *cough* so that's exactly what's supposed to happen.

Reaction score
Andrew could you tell a difference with your shorty headers I been thinking about the pacesetter ones ? How easy did the manifold bolts come out?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Andrew could you tell a difference with your shorty headers I been thinking about the pacesetter ones ? How easy did the manifold bolts come out?

Honestly not really...i'm not sure if it was the headers or the cheap y-pipe but the fit between those two was pretty bad and it leaks quite a bit...I'm actually looking into getting long tubes now and I'd suggest saving up for those to anyone looking at shortys. As for the manifold bolts, I dont remember them being that bad to get off

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Is it bad if it never gets to 60? When driving mine never gets higher than about 45?