What's the recommended plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with Delco and MSD. The current wires I have are Taylor 8mm and I have no complaints.

I'd avoid Accel wires like the f'n plague. Years ago I didn't want to listen to everyone else and bought a set because they were cheap... 3 of them went bad within a month. They are crap.

But they're yellow!!!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I had Taylor Spiro Pros for awhile but didn't really like them. I didn't like the design of the plug side "boots", and I thin a couple of the wires were kind of short. I went back to OEM that I purchased through ebay..... just a guy that bought them and sold the vehicle before he used them. I'd probably check Amazon, now for either AC Delco or Delphi.

For plugs I've used AC Delco, but I have a set of non-platinum NGK plugs that I have yet to use. I've heard NGK makes most GM plugs now....... the GM plant that made plugs has been shut down for quite awhile, I beleive.