what trans is best to replace the 4L60E?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess the experience is different from location to location. Mine was a small private shop and was always busy but the guy did an awesome job, not only with mine but with everyone elses. He was also proud to show off his GMT400 Suburban. Perhaps it was something that he related to me due to owning a GMT, but he was highly recommended and alot of people I know took their cars/trucks there too.
I have never minded paying for what I get, but I would like to find one shop in my area that would restore my faith and trust in the quality of service they sell at a very big price.
I am at the point in life where I just don't enjoy doing it myself like I use to. But pride and quality is slowly slip sliding away. And if anyone knows a good transmission shop or otherwise here on the gulf coast please feel free to tell me.

Jeffgmcgrr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
****.. so the 4l60e I just pulled and swapped from the junkyard for $175 wasn't worth it ;( lol I'm kidding.. thanks for the read