What size tire with leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am picking up the Rough Country leveling kit in a few days and i am wondering what tire size would work well with it. The truck has aftermarket rims that are either 17x8 or 17x9. I plan on either 265 70R17, 285 70R17, and finally 255 75R17. The 255's seem to be 32's? I will be buying Mt's once i figure out a size.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 285's will be beefier and look a bit better IMO.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 285's will fit and look best with being leveled. Do some research as there is no need for a leveling "kit" with our trucks, the stock keys will give you the lift needed.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read that on different threads and i may consider doing that. How will it be on my front end parts? Is there any difference with the stock keys compared to the Rough Country keys?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I had a ready lift leveling kit before my RCX and it was a waste i couldnt ever get the aliment right. From what ive heard and seen cranking stock keys are the best option if your going to crank for sure. I saw a truck like mine at college and talked to the dude bout it and he said he cranked the stock keys and his aliment was way better than mine ever was.

For tires 285/70/R17 FTW!! thats what i ran for a long time and still running them on RCX 4 inch but they looked awesome even before i lifted it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have read that on different threads and i may consider doing that. How will it be on my front end parts? Is there any difference with the stock keys compared to the Rough Country keys?

Stock keys or the rough country keys will be no difference in ride or wear at same height. The rough country keys are indexed more then the stock ones for even more crank but the stock keys will crank to the bumpstops. Keep the crank low and angles safe and the wear and tear won't be bad.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds good. I only plan on cranking 1.5-2 inches max so hopefully it won't hurt my ride to much and i will just stick with the stock keys so that helps me put more money towards the tires haha. Is there anything else i should look out for when leveling?

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get longer shocks... Other than that I think you should be good to go.