What size speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cut the doors for 6.75's and nothing in the rear. mount the tweeters on the apillers. thats how i would do it if i had a 88-94. my buddy had a 94 std cab and no matter what speakers we put in it did not sound as good as my 95 with the speakers in the doors and tweeters in the stock location.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why 6x9's in the rear. i don't understand the drive recently to put them in the rear. all it does is mess with your soundstage.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had those pioneers up front in his dash in his 92. Can't comment on the quality cause the previous owner CAKED them in mud and we replaced them with my stock rears. Ah, actually, installed them in another friends truck as well come to think of it. Decent pair of replacement speakers.

thered95 said:
why 6x9's in the rear. i don't understand the drive recently to put them in the rear. all it does is mess with your soundstage.
Some people, like myself, enjoy being surrounded by our music like one would be surrounded by speakers at a home theater. Having everything shot at you from the front, let alone from BELOW, just doesn't cut it for some of us. (on 95-00, stock tweeter location is WAY too low, but I'm not gonna start drilling holes). Its purely personal preference though.

I do however, have my rear speakers on a DPST kill-switch for sound quality whenever I have a song on my flashdrive that doesn't agree with my rear speakers (too harsh, too bright...etc.). Perhaps the OP could do this and have the best of both worlds. SQ and the ability to surround themselves with the music they love.

rjrider: why not just go Kenwood all the way? You already picked out a HU and rear speakers by them. For an extra $20, you can get these for up front.

Last edited:

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have 6.5 alpine in the front, with sony tweeters, 6x9 in the back and two 12" alpine woofers and amp under the back seat.. i dont like a lot of bass.. but i want enough to tell i have some..

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sticking with one brand for an install doesn't mean you get quality for your dollar or even that the pieces will compliment each other. Same as more money or big brand names doesn't mean better components.

Company A might make the best head unit, company B might make the best amplifiers, company C might make the best mids and company D might make the best subwoofers.

Going with all company A means you potentially end up with less bang for your buck.

It's how you match your components that matters (both specifications and installation/adjustments), not what brand they are....

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive made speaker rings and mounted 6.5s in the front doors before, or you could go with a different option... this was done in a truck i bought, they cut the carpet and buile a small enclosure on the floor and angled it up, very simple, sounded fair... if loud is what you are going for it will help fit speakers...

You must be registered for see images attach

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
in my 97ecsb i'm going to go with 2 10's behind the back seat, amp rack under back seat mounted to bottom of seat, components in front doors, older pioneer hu, maybe some kick panels with 6/8" woofer, most all my stereo will be addictive audio brand. my local stereo shop sells it and he has always given me excellent deals, installs, and service/support, so i will use his stuff in this truck too...