What lift and how much height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrider

Reaction score
Hi guys im new here and wanting to get more height out of my 98 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 4x4. My truck already sits level without any cranking. I was looking at 3 inch block and key lifts but after reading on here that aftermarket keys are useless and cranking will make my ride stiff and mess up my front end im thinking of other ways to go. It has 265/75/16s on now that are fairly new so I don't want to have to replace those but I don't want it to look funny either. I was thinking of a 3inch body lift or maybe getting the 6inch rough country kit but not using the add a leaf until I get new tires. If anyone has pictures of what this would look like or any opinions it would be very helpful. Thanks

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
yea, aftermarket keys are useless. just crank the stocks and youll be good to go for keys. youll get about 2.5 inches of crank if you dont have any fatigue in the keys or bars. and a 6 inch w/o the aal's on 31's would look kinda odd to say the least. all i could say is sacrifice the ride quality and go for crank with 2" blocks but make sure to get an alignment. then once your tires are done, if you still want to lift it more get 35's and the 6 inch lift and youll be good for that

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Here is my old grey truck the day I got it back from the shop when I got the RCX 6" installed. It has new 265/75r16s in the pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
This is before the lift with 1.5" of crank
You must be registered for see images attach

Raptorrider

Reaction score
If I crank that much will I need new shocks? And wont that put my front end at bad angles?
Iv tried to post pictures of how it looks now but my computer wont let me.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be able to crank some without issue. the fact that you say it's sitting level now makes me wonder if it's not already cranked to level. These trucks don't exactly sit level stock. I'm running 2" rear block & front end crank. Daily drive mine on 285/75/16 (33") without issues. My front stock parts were worn pretty good when I did the crank but it's been over a year now & hasn't caused any damage.

Just watch your angles, there is alot of information on here about cranking & what is safe.