what is 411pcm upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
Swapping the PCM for the 411 PCM. The 411 has better setup and more tuneability. The 411 PCM came in certian vehicles and from what i seen it is a fairly easy mod given what is being swapped out. I am sure someone else chime in with more info and i know some members here have done this.

caleb2101

Reaction score
hmmmm, i thought i was a 6.0 ecu but i guess im mistaken... is it worth doing?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Extremely interested in this as well if someone could provide their knowledge regarding tune-ability and ease of installation.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Wow. I would love to do this at some point but I don't think I'm near electrically inclined enough to do this. Sounds badass.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow is right. God you've got to respect work like that. I'm so jealous. I'd kill for the knowledge/skill/patience/time to do this swap, but hey, my father is a musician. No mechanic here, although I do my oil and other things. I'd love to just really understand EVERYTHING. Motor, Cpu, suspension, all of it.

I see in his thread he refers to swapping the 411 into 96+ vortec motor'd trucks, but can this 411 not replace my old dino-age 350 TBI PCM?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Wow is right. God you've got to respect work like that. I'm so jealous. I'd kill for the knowledge/skill/patience/time to do this swap, but hey, my father is a musician. No mechanic here, although I do my oil and other things. I'd love to just really understand EVERYTHING. Motor, Cpu, suspension, all of it.

I see in his thread he refers to swapping the 411 into 96+ vortec motor'd trucks, but can this 411 not replace my old dino-age 350 TBI PCM?

I know, right? I can machine almost anything imaginable or weld all kinds of stuff. But my electrical skills end at stereo install.

That's a good question. It would probably help those trucks more than the 96+.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes precisely. I'd love to be able to tune mine with a big time PCM upgrade, but I am unsure if this swap is really worth it because in the end it's still just a 350 TBI...In the future I will be dropping a 5.3 LS in tho :drool: