What have you plasti dipped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
True. Maybe ill experiment on my tailgate first, Then the roof, then hood, then the rest if it looks good.

How many coats does it take?

It took me about two or three coats with the white plasti dip oh and I did my truck with the spray cans.
You must be registered for see images attach

And a before and after shot

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went ahead and gave it a go on my wheels, used rustolem crystal clear enamel for the clear turned out good and holding up well so far.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me about two or three coats with the white plasti dip oh and I did my truck with the spray cans.

And a before and after shot

You have considering this for my 78 now. They have sprayable gallons and a sprayer for cheap. I was considering a wrap for a while but it looks like if I bought 4 gals an the sprayer it would only be around $400....

Wonder if I could still do the two tone with it? Time for more research.... :Hmm:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
You have considering this for my 78 now. They have sprayable gallons and a sprayer for cheap. I was considering a wrap for a while but it looks like if I bought 4 gals an the sprayer it would only be around $400....

Wonder if I could still do the two tone with it? Time for more research.... :Hmm:

Do it man!!!! I bet the sprayer would be way easier and would turn out better. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do a two tone. It should be the same spray and mask concept with normal paint.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it man!!!! I bet the sprayer would be way easier and would turn out better. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do a two tone. It should be the same spray and mask concept with normal paint.

Ya I just did a create your own kit an it came out to $410 before shipping. I think this might be the way to go for a while an at least make it decent looking again. It will be years before I can afford a real paint job for it it any ways....

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Ya I just did a create your own kit an it came out to $410 before shipping. I think this might be the way to go for a while an at least make it decent looking again. It will be years before I can afford a real paint job for it it any ways....

Yeah that was my thinking also! I just wish I would have done the spray kit from the get go and saved myself some time and hand cramps from the spray cans :rofl:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ok let's all plasti dip everything!!!! seriously though the thought has crossed my mind

sent from the c1500 Denali

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
ok let's all plasti dip everything!!!! seriously though the thought has crossed my mind

It's a quick and cheap cosmetic cover up until you're ready to paint it for real. I think it's worth it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know it sounds corny but its looks pretty decent an for $4-500 you can't beat it imo. Getting a car wrapped is over $1k, I was looking into that to because I know I can't afford paint for a while an I'm tired of my truck looking like poo...