What have you heard about Pro Comp lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubber

Reaction score
I've had a procomp for three years. It was originally sent with lift blocks and u=bolts. It handled really bad until I put shackle flips and 3/4 ton springs. Now it's much better. Other than that, the front has been fine and no complaints. Just my 2 cents.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I've had a procomp for three years. It was originally sent with lift blocks and u=bolts. It handled really bad until I put shackle flips and 3/4 ton springs. Now it's much better. Other than that, the front has been fine and no complaints. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Drop? Maybe I am misunderstanding the question. But on a lift kit, to actually achieve the lift that it advertises, torsion bars are used.

That depends on the brand. A 6" RCX is 5.25" drop, so 0.75" crank. A 4" RCX is also 5.25" drop...so you decrank actually. A 6" Dick Cepek is a 6.5" drop, so no crank or even de-crank for 6".

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i have a procomp lift out sitting on my trailer how do i measure how much drop it is?

locktide

Reaction score
First time posting on the forum here and I am currently in the middle of installing a 4in procomp lift on my 1992 1500 ext. cab 4wd. When I decided I had the money to be able to afford a lift kit and other etc parts required to do a job right I was pretty certain about the RCX lift just because of what I heard on the forum here, but then I called to the two local 4x4 shops in town. And both shops said they would not sell RCX lifts due to there poor quality and lack of insurance they provide. So I thought it best to not get the RCX lift and went ahead and purchased the procomp 4in lift with an extra add a leaf package to beef up the rear suspension do to the old age of the truck. I also purshased the lift kit at 4 wheel parts and I have had pretty decent experiance with them doing a jeep project with my old man. I will be hopefully start posting some pictures and more about the kit as I go soon. But in the mean while it would be nice to hear from other people who either have the procomp kits or know a thing or two about them as well

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
measure the brackets that drop the diff from it's stock bolt hole to the new bolt hole, that tells you the drop. I thought I heard it was 4. then crank to 6.