What have you heard about Pro Comp lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
So I was at 4 wheel parts with my buddy the other day and just for ***** and giggles I inquired about the cost of a lift, and what the guy recommended. He told me that the vast majority of the lifts they put on for our trucks are Pro Comp's. I asked about the RCX lifts and he said that it isn't a bad lift, but that they've had to replace broken parts (what I don't know) on an reoccurring basis.

I started thinking about it and realized that I've heard next to nothing on here about these lifts. I assume it's more because of price, but if anyone has first hand knowledge about them, I'd like to hear. While I was there he told me that a 6" Pro Comp lift would run me $1,450, and because my buddy is good friends with him he'd install it for $250. Now....they're running a St. Patricks day sale and I called him to see if he would go cheaper on the lift. He said he'd go $1,350 on the lift, same price on install. I really wasn't prepared to drop the coin at this point in the year on a lift (if ever), but wanted people's opinion on the quality of the lift itself.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The reason he suggested procomp is because they are owned by the same company. They recommend procomp over anything every time you ask about any product. Don't listen to them because most of the time they are there only to make sales.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
The reason he suggested procomp is because they are owned by the same company. They recommend procomp over anything every time you ask about any product. Don't listen to them because most of the time they are there only to make sales.

I understand this, but are they $4-500 better than an RCX? Pros/Cons, etc....

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I can't comment on the lift, but the install price is out of this world!!! Any place I've ever talked to about lifts wants as much as the lift (if not more) for the install.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I can't comment on the lift, but the install price is out of this world!!! Any place I've ever talked to about lifts wants as much as the lift (if not more) for the install.

Exactly. My buddy whom I referenced earlier was going to get a 6" lift on his 2011 Tundra a couple years ago. They wanted $1,200 just to install it. I've been thinking if I go the 4" (and if it's a TRUE 4") I could get the lift, installed, for less than $1,500. IDK.....

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. My buddy whom I referenced earlier was going to get a 6" lift on his 2011 Tundra a couple years ago. They wanted $1,200 just to install it. I've been thinking if I go the 4" (and if it's a TRUE 4") I could get the lift, installed, for less than $1,500. IDK.....

The thing that makes it "true" is cranking the T bars.