What Glasspacks Are Y'all Runnin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering what anybody with a 5.7 v8 with the 350 big block and cats, what glasspack brand and size y'all have and if you like or dislike and sound clips would be great too. Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
First a 350 is not a Big Block, I have a glasspack on the truck i just bought and itll be coming off soon IMO it sounds like crap id suggest either straight pipe it or invest in some decent mufflers

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But. I also heard to heat it up and pour cold water to crack the fiberglass so it's basically straight pipe and if you get pulled over it looks like you have a muffler.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
But. I also heard to heat it up and pour cold water to crack the fiberglass so it's basically straight pipe and if you get pulled over it looks like you have a muffler.

Yah ive heard that 2

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I'm just gonna wish for the best and try and install these 2 glasspacks whenever I get the money. My MagnaFlow isn't loud enough.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of custom headers and I think a magna flow glass packs under both seats and flex pipe (that's getting changed cause it sounds like ass) but the headers and glass packs sound nice by themselves

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO you get what your pay for, glass packs are cheap giving a cheap sound. You should consider running a chambered muffler. They sound great and put out plenty of sound. I just put on a two chambered muffler on my truck, 3"in 3"out. Has a nice noticeable tone during idle, not too loud while cruising and sounds amazing when you nail the skinny petal. I also have no cat. 2.5" pipe off the y pipe to a 3" adapter, muffler and after is a mandrel bent 3" tail pipe.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO you get what your pay for, glass packs are cheap giving a cheap sound. You should consider running a chambered muffler. They sound great and put out plenty of sound. I just put on a two chambered muffler on my truck, 3"in 3"out. Has a nice noticeable tone during idle, not too loud while cruising and sounds amazing when you nail the skinny petal. I also have no cat. 2.5" pipe off the y pipe to a 3" adapter, muffler and after is a mandrel bent 3" tail pipe.
everybody had there own opinion and I've decided to switch from my dual magnaflows to glasspacks. It's too quite

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Just get dynomax race bullets. Not expensive and are straight through 3" straight through the hole way no BS. The bullet is 4" wide because it has and inch of cwf continuously woven fiberglass around the shell of the bullet. Zero restrictions.