what do yall think about this 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
I find my cowl functional. Helps take some of the hot air out from the headers,and Looks Badass. Also It doesnt obstruct my view, especially cause its only a 2 inch cowl.

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I don't understand cowl hoods. Obstruct view and aren't any help at all unless you are running tunnel ram or a roots blower.
on these trucks, pretty much useless, but on a car like a camaro, with the proper aircleaner assembly, its functional.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I know how a heat extractor hood works, and those are functional. Cowl hoods were designed for more top end clearance though, not any direct gain in performance or cooling. Most current cowl hoods have a semi closed back anyway.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I know how a heat extractor hood works, and those are functional. Cowl hoods were designed for more top end clearance though, not any direct gain in performance or cooling. Most current cowl hoods have a semi closed back anyway.

actually, no they weren't, cowl hood was designed for more airflow, when used with the proper aircleaner assembly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I think most, if not all white trucks got blue interiors.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
actually, no they weren't, cowl hood was designed for more airflow, when used with the proper aircleaner assembly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Uhhh friend, that car pulls in air from the engine compartment. Look at the air cleaner inlet pipe......

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
And by the way, I have a DZ302 sitting in my garage with the original air cleaner on top. The hood was cowled for clearance of the intake manifold.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Uhhh friend, that car pulls in air from the engine compartment. Look at the air cleaner inlet pipe......

sigh, ive been around 1st gen camaro's my whole life, look on the back of the hood, see the little solenoid, it open a flap on inside of hood, letting cool air flow into the aircleaner, when flap is closed, engine only uses the air from the inlet pipe