What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Sick set up Brian, Sick as hell!

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My system is currently being installed.
It is all active w/ mids & tweets in the pillars, mid-bass in the doors, and subs in the center console. All amps and wiring are under and behind the rear seat.

Mal
Drool :p I would love to have a system like that but I had to compromise with my budget and keeping things mostly stock looking. I would love to run fully active but I'm only running semi-active
Any of you guys document your installs? Pictures?
I've got tons of pictures it's just too much work for me to post them all somewhere in detail. I'm trying to think if I've publicly documented any of the parts...

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ yeah I was trying to look at the pics in your blog but it was taking too long to load at work. I'll try it again here at home.

Last edited:

4ofakind

Reaction score
Drool :p I would love to have a system like that but I had to compromise with my budget and keeping things mostly stock looking.

I understand. I had to buy things as the budget permitted over time. That is why it has taken me nearly one year and couning to get my system installed. It also helps not to break things while you're installing them so you don't have to buy then twice. :p

Mal

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ yeah I was trying to look at the pics in your blog but it was taking too long to load at work. I'll try it again here at home.
That's because of my crappy ISP. My blog is hosted on my own server that I built and unfortunately I have uber crappy upload speeds which makes it slow of people who try to access it. That's why I never really bothered to put more than a couple of posts on there because I figured it was somewhat pointless since it was so slow for everyone.

I understand. I had to buy things as the budget permitted over time. That is why it has taken me nearly one year and couning to get my system installed. It also helps not to break things while you're installing them so you don't have to buy then twice. :p

Mal
Yeah had to get myself a decent system before I felt like I could save up for a really nice one. I'm actually really happy with mine I think it turned out really really well considering my budget. The weakest link is my $35 subwoofer though haha. It sounds like a $95 subwoofer. I'd like to have a nice 10" so that it could play the same volume a little cleaner and with less distortion because it would need less excursion to play the same as my 8" due to the larger cone area. I absolutely love my HU and the only thing that I wish I could change about it is I wish it could run fully active. If my HU could do that I'd get another amp and run fully active... but it's not worth putting in an additional processor I don't think.

Did you break something?!?

4ofakind

Reaction score
Did you break something?!?

Yeah my $300 10.1" Touchscreen. :( I was mocking it up in my modified dash bezel when I dropped it. Chinese technology does not mix well with Italian craftmanship (marble tile). So now I'm installing everything else while I save for another monitor.

Mal

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my $300 10.1" Touchscreen. :( I was mocking it up in my modified dash bezel when I dropped it. Chinese technology does not mix well with Italian craftmanship (marble tile). So now I'm installing everything else while I save for another monitor.

Mal
Ah man! That blows dude! Dang...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Alpine 9813 H/U
Alpine 12 disc stacker
Alpine MRP-F550. 500W 4 ch.
Alpine MRP-M500. 500W Mono, bridged down to 2 ohms.
Alpine 3318 Graphic equalizer
4ga. wiring kit.
6.5" JBL GTO's. Components in the doors.
6.5" Infinity mid-subs (2) in modded 6X9 speaker boxes. (This is just wrong! But until I build my custom box, it'll have to do)
10" Koiiler DVC sub, (What a stupid name!) in a modded sealed box that used to be for 2 10's. Sliced & diced so that it fits between my buckets, behind the console, with the single 10" (Basically cut the box in 1/2)
Gonna build a custom, smooth flowing fiberglass box, this winter, for the 10" & the mid-subs.
As it is now, this system absolutely pumps! I can irritate the neighbours a block away.
& I'm into it for less than $750.00. All bought on eBay, craigslist, & pawnshops.

narizon

Reaction score
Her's my system in my '89 Silverado extra-cab,I never liked the OEM center console so did away with it,a mans ride Always has to have tunes.Especially my '89.
It's 1.65 cu ft. before slot port & 1.43 after.Single down firing Alpine 1042D (heavy little 23 pounder)dual 4 ohm w/ 1/4-20 x 1 1/2" stainless bolts w/ bullet caps for terminals.Very solid instead of plastic cups.Found an Ace paint to match trim in truck (Fine wine F54),looks great.Rattle can primer w/ 3 coats of paint & one rattle can of clear.Paint holds its color great.
A Sony BT3700U head unit(love the USB port).Alpine MRP-450 mono amp & Alpine V12 4 channel power the system.4x6 Alpine plates up front & custom installed/cut Pioneer 6 3/4" 4 ways at back (very easy to do).Yellow cap battery w/ Big 3 wiring.This set up surpassed my expectations,it's very loud & clear.Enough music/bass to rattle my ears & truck.
Been beetling hard for over a year now & debating on building another one with 2 10's.It can be done.....

You must be registered for see images attach