What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would say mild but if you sat in it you would wild. Two memphis pr 12s under back seat on a memphis pr 1ch. Alpine 6 1/2 components in front doors 4by6s in rear walls on a alpine 4ch. All rewired running off a sony head unit

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently I just have a 8" Bazooka tube and the PAC AAI-GM9 aux input adapter, which actually sounds pretty good. However, in the near future I plan to add the following.

Dave Navone N-iPRCA iPod adapter
Dave Navone N-RHL4 4-CH LOC (Line Out Converter)
Elemental Designs edi 6000v.2 components in the front doors
Elemental Designs Nine.4 amplifier
Elemental Designs eDead v1SE² Deadening
Elemental Designs 9kv.2 w/ custom box

The LOC will supply a clean signal to the Nine.4, which will send 65+ watts RMS to each component in the doors and 150+ watts RMS bridged to the 8" sub in a .32ft^3 sealed enclosure. I will run new speaker wire and also deaden the doors a little bit. The iPod adapter will be connected to the PAC AAI-GM9 so that I can keep my iPhone charged.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm probably in the "mild" category at least as far as my budget goes and my subwoofer diameter. I think it sounds pretty awesome though. I've gone to great lengths to make sure that everything sounds super clean. Everything is aftermarket (including my speaker wiring lol) I've sealed off the doors as good as is possible on these trucks. That reduces the amount of the backwave that comes off of the back of the cone so that it can't cancel out the wave from the front of the speaker cone and ruin the sound quality. I've also put a decent amount of sound deadener on the door. Not a wild amount of that but enough to make a significant difference. I've only got an 8" subwoofer but it performs very admirably for it's size and the amount of power. Again I think careful planning helped here. I love my head unit also. I love the Bluetooth function as I can take hands free calls and also stream music from my Android phone to it. It has USB which is really nice and I've also got a 6 disc CH changer hooked up to it. With 7 CDs, a USB drive, and 3.5mm AUX input, and Bluetooth streaming I never listen to the radio anymore! lol

System:
HU: Eclipse CD5030 W/ CD changer
Font Components: Pioneer something. I can't remember off the top of my head. I installed the tweets in the stock location for stealth. It's not an ideal spot but it's not a bad one.
Component amp: Linear Power 1752
Rear speakers: Polk MoMo 4x6 but I don't like rears so I usually fade it all the way to the front so that they are off.
Subwoofer: 8" in a custom box under the back seat on drivers side
Sub amp: MTX Thunder 102

I like that when you look in my truck you have to look hard to see that it isn't stock. The HU gives it away other than that if you know where to look you can see the CD changer and the Bluetooth microphone on the sun visor. All very minor things to see and you have to look for them.

Reaction score
Borahshadow I'm with you all my stuff is in stock place and my amps are behind the rear seat on the wall. If you didn't know better when looking in you would think its just a cd player. I've had friends get in and go where is all the amps and subs. I just say find them. Must times they find the subs but not the amps. I'm a big fan of if you can't see it you can't steal it

4ofakind

Reaction score
My system is currently being installed.
It is all active w/ mids & tweets in the pillars, mid-bass in the doors, and subs in the center console. All amps and wiring are under and behind the rear seat.

Mal

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 43

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any of you guys document your installs? Pictures?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ask, and you shall receive.
Subwoofer. I was really happy with the way this box came out, fitting perfectly and not touching the spring underneath was nice. Lots of measuring.

You must be registered for see images attach

Head Unit: just your standard OBS single din kit.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^Cool! So, that box is underneath the rear seat? It kind of looks like its under one of the front seats in the pictures. What are the dimensions?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
^^^Cool! So, that box is underneath the rear seat? It kind of looks like its under one of the front seats in the pictures. What are the dimensions?

It's under the front seat. You can see the center console in the pic.