What additive to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
hello everybody. I am suspecting that my local gas station has water in the gas. I went to fill up this morning and right after I left, my truck started acting up. I asked at my job if anyone experienced anything similar and everyone told me that that gas station is known to have water in the gas. (Feeling very dumb cause I didn't know)

Now my question is: is there any additive I can throw in the gas tank and hope to burn tru the whole tank with minimal issues or do I need to drain the whole darn thing??

Any help is appreciated!

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
The product Heat will help. I'd keep a spare fuel filter with you just in case also.
Thanks buddy I will try that today. I was so pissed when I found out bout this problem I wanted to kick myself in the arse to try to save few pennies at the pump. Should have known better

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a teenager, I was a pump jockey, and we had a customer complain to Chevron that we had water contamination in our underground tanks. Chevron supplied us with a compound we stuck on the end of the dipstick we used to check the tanks, and it showed, by changing colour, if there was water in the gas. (It turned out we were ok, the complainer got his facts wrong)

So, I'm wondering if there's something simple like that on the market we can use to check for water in the gas?