Went to the dark side! 95 GMC 2500 6.5TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't been around in forever, but I'm back! Recently picked up a new project, it's a 95 GMC 2500, 6.5TD 4L80e:evillol: Bought this, along with a couple other trucks, gotta love package deals! Has gmt800 seats and center console, pmd is relocated infront of the rad, vacuum pump delete, manual waste gate controller, and 4 new tires on the newer style wheels. Needs a transmission rebuild, will not move in either direction. I always seem to need a 3/4 ton for some heavy hauling, and now I have one!

You must be registered for see images attach

Should hopefully have the transmission out next time I'm back from work, the 14 on, 14 off schedule gives me lots of time to play while I'm home! Just have to clear some more space in the garage for this big girl! Making a list of what my plans are, hopefully I can keep on track..

Plans:

Transmission (rebuild or replace)
Do any work needed to put on the road- windshield for sure
Replace drivers power seat with manual seat. Simplicity is key in my opinion!
Remove double seatbelts in front, has factory ones in pillars, and ones in the new style seats:nono:
Driving lights on front bumper

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, can't wait to actually drive the thing! Also, the plastic chrome vent visors will be the first thing to go lol they're hideous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to suggest those go. Looks to be a solid truck. Let us know how it drives once the transmission is sorted out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Want one so bad. Nice truck man

Thanks, your 2wd is mint!

I was going to suggest those go. Looks to be a solid truck. Let us know how it drives once the transmission is sorted out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah every time I look at it those silly things stick out like a sore thumb. It is fairly solid, but has been sitting for about a year so cab corners and rockers are getting soft... Will do my best to keep the thread up to date!

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice project! And those vent visors need go! But put a set of black ones on

I'm surprised I haven't been razzed more about them actually.. Haha

I'm itching to get back from work so I can start this project. My 2 weeks at work never goes by as fast as the 2 weeks at home...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk