Well I think this is the one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah I completely understand that way of thought about it. Most guys I know with lifted trucks are spoiled brats that don't understand the word responsibility. I baby the hell out of mine so I'd be the exception to the rule there but you are right if you're gonna tear it down it really doesn't matter. They can't abuse the actual steel just gears, tranny, motor and suspension parts...Just drive the truck to get a feel for it and I mean if everything is tight and feels good then go for it. Also, look the guy square in the eye and ask him about how he cared for the truck and offroad use. You should be able to tell if he's lying or genuine about caring for it.

Well its at a dealer, a seedy used car lot at that, so I won't be able to see the original owner. If it drives tight though I'm pretty sure I'll drive it home. It's debadged and has good looking paint matched fender flares on it, appears to have 15 or 16x8 MT Bullet Holes with 35" AT's of some kind. Interior looks to be the beige/neutral. Outside paint looks good from the pic I saw, its a maroon/burgundy. I think I've decided on rebadging it after painting it black/tan two-tone and then getting some replacement bumpers and paiting them the same tan. Oh I get ahead of myself, hopefully it begins tomorrow!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well it was a no-go guys...had to connect the battery to crank it, no carpeting at all, it was a crappy 4+3 lift setup, and the engine sounded like it had a good knock. The search continues.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Whats the most you guys would pay for a ECSB '92 4x4 that is in great shape other than it has to have a tranny rebuild? They are asking $1595 for it. Also, what should I expect to pay for a tranny rebuild?