Weird noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Okay so I just had everything from the flywheel to the gears in the rear end rebuilt and replaced. I picked the truck up today from the shop after having the t case rebuilt. The chai had half a link holding it together and when it went bad it sounded like two gears jamming together after coming to a stop, then it had the noise every time the chain went around. Today after taking her for a drive I pulled in the driveway creeping in in granny gear. Pushed in the clutch and stopped and heard the same noise and felt it in the floor and somewhat in the steering wheel. I locked it in 4 lo and hi crept back and forth turning the wheel full lock while moving both ways ... no noise.put it back in 2 wheel backed up 25 feet pulled forward no noise . So I crawled under the truck checked u joints CV axels turned the front driveshaft no weird noises from the chain. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I'm at a loss I've put 3400 in rebuilding the nv4500 t case rear end and flywheel and clutch kit.... I dont think it's the trans I drove it a week before the t case went bad after I got it back the first time drove it since 3 PM to 8 PM today crawling around in 4 low with my fiance ... didt beat on it power shift nothing just testing the 4x4 and crawling around on some back un maintained gravel roads in conservation.