website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know how to build or work on websites? I have had one for a while but I just don't have the time to sit down and get it like I want it. I have asked on craigslist local but everyone wants 100 an hour to look at it. I would love to swap out some transmission parts, converter, or I will just pay.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
my brother makes websites, I highly doubt he would charge 100$ an hour

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's pretty steep. That's enterprise grade rates for large corporations. A standard small business site I would say 40 or 50 bucks an hour tops. I am a software developer and a hundred bucks an hour would make me feel like a cheat.

I guess it depends really on what is wanted and what you have to start with. If it were me, I would define your requirements or changes and do an out the door price. I know so many talented developers where one is crazy fast at coding the HTML and slow and stylizing and Javascript and vice versa. You could have two people that will ultimately give you the same end result but if you pay by the hour one may have cost you half as much as the other.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone charging a hundred bucks an hour on Craigslist tells me that they don't get enough work to maintain income at a reasonable rate so they make up for it by charging more on any work they do get. The more I think about that hundred dollar per hour wage, the more it ****** me off. Websites are generally the easiest type of Development.

I write medical software for private practices and when a client wants some custom coding we charge 250 bucks an hour but that is custom coding for Dr's Office's that bring in several million dollars a year and pay a good penny for our software already and we are an enterprise level company so the software is very complex and risky to custom code for 1 out of 10000 clients

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
We use Shopify for our little business website. I'm not sure if you're looking for an ecommerce website, but if you are, Shopify is pretty easy to put together yourself.