Water pump pucked today......... any opinion's on E-FANS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after taking care of the miss my truck was having and doing a bunch of other stuff to it, The water pump gave up the ghost. I'm wondering if i could do a electric fan conversion fairly cheap while im swapping it out. Any ideas other than the Flex-a-lite one?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Just go get some from a junkyard. Taurus fans are easy, but any stock dual set will work simple enough. After you buy the fans, buy a thermostat kit to turn them on and just forget about them.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much HP do you gain from Efans? Anyone have how to from this website???

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
You don't gain any power. You do free up a little. It is like turning your AC on and off. You aren't making any more power with it on but it is using power. Typically you see a couple horsepower at the wheels with e-fans. Not much, but it does help a little. Biggest benefit is faster warm up. It also helps extend the life of mechanical water pumps.

Now know that the fans will draw power. If you already have a few electric accessories(big stereo, HIDs, fog lights, etc) then you may need to upgrade the alternator. A bigger alternator uses more power which in turn diminishes the benefit of using the e fan.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Only difference between those is one had a threaded probe and the other doesn't.