Want different mufflers, opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have dual 2.5" exhaust running out the sides of my truck with the 3" tips coming out in front of my rear tires. It currently has Flowmaster 40's on it, and I hate the sound of them. What's another muffler I can run that will sound better with a deeper throatier sound rather than the kind of current high pitched whine of the Flowmaster's? I used to have a K1500 with a 383 Stroker in it that had dual exhaust and dual Thrush welded mufflers and I loved it, maybe another set for this truck?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
10 series flowmasters. Best sounding mufflers i have ever run on a small block chevy. Sound like straights, just that annoying volume is turned down.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Trush Welded muffler is a copy of the flowmaster 40 series. For something deeper I would go with magnaflow.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '97's lowly six has a totally stock exhaust with just a 24" stainless Magnaflow. (actually an 18" body, with 2X 3" ends. Listed as 24")
More than one person has been surprised when I tell them it's a six.
Under 2500rpm, it sounds pretty good. Over that, it has that typical six cylinder tractor noise. Just louder.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the Dynomax Race Bullet mufflers, they're straight through like a glasspack, but much less raspy and sound very throaty. You'll probably want a longer one so they're not deafening, not to mention they're cheaper than a Flowmaster or Magnaflow muffler.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
do you have an X pipe in your exhaust? ive had quite a few flowmaster mufflers on rides and the only time I thought it sounded like **** is when I put an X pipe on my Crown Vic, it gave it a higher pitch sound.

either way im out on flowmasters, I chopped the one off my truck and put on a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, It gave her a lower sound and its a straight through design.

I got Dynomax Ultra Flo's on my monte carlo, its got a nice low tone to it as well.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have an X pipe in your exhaust? ive had quite a few flowmaster mufflers on rides and the only time I thought it sounded like **** is when I put an X pipe on my Crown Vic, it gave it a higher pitch sound.

either way im out on flowmasters, I chopped the one off my truck and put on a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler, It gave her a lower sound and its a straight through design.

I got Dynomax Ultra Flo's on my monte carlo, its got a nice low tone to it as well.
Nope, duals without an X pipe or anything. I was thinking maybe some long glasspacks instead of mufflers?

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I have a summit racing Street and strip muffler and I love the sound not too loud and sounds perfect at 2250 rpm