Vortec rocker options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I didn't have to enlarge the push rod holes on ours but our total lift is .480.

Yeah, sometimes you have to, sometimes you don't...I think its pretty much 50/50 weather or not you'll have to. But like Alocious said, 1.6 ratio will not make all that big of a difference and just running 1.5s could save you some trouble

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
going to add a bit to this and maybe help some others out too. My 98 has the Scorpion narrow bodied 1.6 ratio rockers. no coil bind, no valve cover fitment issues, no noises, they are quiet so I'm assuming they donnot hit the pushrod holes its also the factory cam, and they do a good job. Its been two years since I put these on so can't remember how I figured it, but after much research and figuring using my GM tech books I figured that the factory ratio on my 98 5.7 was 1.46:1 so going to a 1.5 wouldn't do much... I also watched a ton of youtube vidoes while installing these to set my valves. I did this many many times (atleast a dozen, lol) until it came out the same ever time after i rolled the engine over and did the other 8 valves. I'm still using the factory springs but I'm interested in new springs, maybe get a little more out of this? but the factory ones are working, so not real sure....

this very good article helped me make my decision also.
http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_0703_corvette_rocker_arms/viewall.html

tried to find the youtube vidoe that I really liked but couldn't. good luck!

I'm running SCC-SCP1036BL part number Summit lists it under