Visor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new around and I just bought the 1997 and it has that hideous visor on it, anyone know how to remove it and just leave the rubber plugs?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hideous NO, alot of ppl hate them. I love them and bought one and put it on my truck.

You don't want it there was a guy on here that wanted one, remove it, put the bolts back in the holes with rtv to seal it up or put rubber plugs in with silicone until you can get them welded up.

Last edited:

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
vinyl tapes from a sign shop used to make logos and stuff works great to cover holes. We used to use it all the time when removing roof racks off of astro vans

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always put the bolts back in with rtv and put their caps back on, never had a leak.

Only time I ever removed any was to do body work and paint, while al the cycles or wet sanding never got any water in anywhere. My uncle had chrome capped plugs in his where somebody removed his before he got the truck.