vent shades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my one neighbor has the in channel ones on his gmt400 and he loves them,,, tried talking me into getting them for mine,,, but i like the look of the stick on ones a lot more

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I had them on mine and hated them. I vote no visors but I would go with the in-channel one instead of the stick-on ones.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Do the visors really work when its raining? I have thought about getting them I just never pull the trigger

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do the visors really work when its raining? I have thought about getting them I just never pull the trigger

yes they work. if your a smoker there worth every penny! i love mine, when i rains i can crack my window to smoke and not get wet.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
The in channel ones do look good. I'm not planning on taking mine off though, yes, they work, if you don't smoke then it is nice to crack the window and get some fresh air while it is raining.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes they work. if your a smoker there worth every penny! i love mine, when i rains i can crack my window to smoke and not get wet.

:word: They are a must have! And there isn't quite as much wind noise either with the window cracked with the vent visors installed. I vote 2 as well, I'm not a fan of the way the rears look on an Ext cab. On a crew cab, absolutely do all 4. But lets be honest here, how often are the rear ext windows open in the first place? I only open the rear extended cab windows MAYBE 2 or 3 times a year, so they really don't serve a purpose on the rear side windows for me IMO.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
they look good on your truck,, i had all four on my 92 chevy,,, my dad was up the other night doing some stuff in the garage and he thinks i should only put the two on,, he doesnt like the way the back ones flare out for the side windows,,

^^^^THIS.... your dad is a smart man, when I had my 96 it came with all four I yanked the back two off after a few weeks. I just hate how they flair out, I understand they have to flair out to open the windows. But it looks silly imo.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
:word: They are a must have! And there isn't quite as much wind noise either with the window cracked with the vent visors installed. I vote 2 as well, I'm not a fan of the way the rears look on an Ext cab. On a crew cab, absolutely do all 4. But lets be honest here, how often are the rear ext windows open in the first place? I only open the rear extended cab windows MAYBE 2 or 3 times a year, so they really don't serve a purpose on the rear side windows for me IMO.

I run with mine open a lot, I love those back windows. I still say all 4. BE A REBEL!!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Only fronts on mine.

Rears look strange and are nearly useless.

Fronts are worth having if you have dogs. Crack the windows when raining to let the doggie fog (doggie fog can come from either end of said doggie!) out.

Driving or sitting still.

Cracking the window also improves your HVAC fan performance (as long as you're not trying to drop the temp with AC). You have to let air out to let air in.....

Last edited: