V6 Performance Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any1 pick up the street trucks? it has a syclone truck rebuilt called ''syborg'', it has a twin turbo v6 puttin down 800 horses

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen it, but I'm not into turbos. And I don't like the idea of a power adder on a V6. I like the idea of having a capable engine and it proving what it can do. If I wanted insane power on the street, I'd get a blower but for what I want for my truck, NA is fine. In the distant future, I may consider a 75 shot but that's gonna be years from now.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Added 4 degrees of timing, and it made a decent little increase. Affecting it more than porting the throttle body.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kind of recently purchased a 96 c1500 4.3 5spd...done a tune up...replaced the clogged converter...she runs good...and maybe Im comparing it to my 5.7 truck too much..its kind of snappy stop light to stop light..but it seems sluggish above about 2500rpm...is this common??

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RPO code in the glovebox will tell you. I can't remember them all but I do know GU6 is 3.42 and GT4 is 3.73.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
When I bought my truck it had the 4.3 in it, and my initial plans were to swap it out pretty quick for a V8. Although after doing a few mods I can say that I'm really impressed with the 4.3 and chances are it will stay in the truck until the engine dies, or I find a low mile 350 to build and drop in. I did the ultimate TBI mods, full MSD ignition, Magnaflow true duals and headers, and I've still got parts to throw at it.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has a Jegs air tube, V8 air cleaner with the heat valve removed and the bottom is wrapped with dynamat extreme, hypertech power charger wrapped in dynamat extreme, pod spacer, throttle body spacer, ported throttle body, +4 degrees of timing, and dual exhaust. I have headers that need to be put on and I have a K&N air filter but it needed cleaned so I just use paper for now. I also use Royal Purple engine oil. And it's surprisingly quick for a nearly stock V6 in a fullsize.