Utah guy new to this forum and back into a GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Will, I saw a link to this forum on GMFS and here I am.

I am 34, and have had several of these trucks and SUV's.

first was a 91 chevy RCLB K1500, 350 5 speed 6" tuff country crap lift 35" baja claws (very first set in Utah I belive). I fragged the 5 speed and swapped in a SM465 4 speed, had a chip, TB spacer, upgraded injectors, adjustable FPR, underdrive pullys, true dual exhaust with blue streak glass packs. It was a base model with rubber floors I think the only real option it had was AC. It was a fun truck when the tuff country lift wasnt falling apart. I got sick of fixing the front end and the first baja claws that came out had the wrong rubber compound and wore out in about 8000 miles. Anyway I got rid of it it was costing me way to much to keep fixing it. Didnt have a digital camera back then.

Next was a 96 GMC ECSB K1500, 350 5 speed, LOTS of miles, I bought it from my at the time employer. I rebuilt the front end and put a new clutch in it. Then eventually, I cobbled together a front lift with a few superlift parts, ford keys, trimmed bumpstops. ended up being about 5.5" I didnt lift the back and built a pre-runner style bumper and ran 315x75x16 big O XT's. I drove it until it just didnt have anymore power at about 293,000 miles.
You must be registered for see images attach

next was a 99 GMC yukon loved this truck but a bad break up made me get rid of it didnt do much just some 18's, blacked out lights and a huge sterio.

And that brings me to now.
I just aquired a 94 chevy RCSB K1500. it has a 400hp 350 from a 77 GMC and a built 700R4, 2" superlift parts and 31" tires. Its really clean body wise but it currently needs some TLC it was a high milage well taken care of truck up until about 2 years ago and ended up sitting for 2 years.
Photos to come

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, stick around and post up! Nice collection of rides.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This time around I am going to build the truck right and its NOT going to get wheeled hard like the green one was. I will do better to keep the front suspention and CV's happy this time around

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Welcome! Utah has some good wheeling. I have family there and my cousin use to wheel his jeep all the time. Your custom bumper is kinda growing on me. Nice work!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This time around I am going to build the truck right and its NOT going to get wheeled hard like the green one was. I will do better to keep the front suspention and CV's happy this time around
if you wanna wheel you gotta leave the cv's in the TRASH!

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
if you wanna wheel you gotta leave the cv's in the TRASH!

Agreed! although I did wheel that green truck pretty hard and it for the most part held up. (It took jumps and high speed dirt roads like a champ)

This new truck is (I hate to say it but) going to be a daily driver/road queen for the most part. I have a 01 wrangler For wheeling duties.

I just want a quality build this time around I mean the truck will see some dirt and mud and snow and camping duties but for any real wheeling Ill use the jeep.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.