Using BFX OBDII reader for CMP offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I looked up Demo Mode, so I guess you have made the initial purchase. But, Demo Mode won’t give you any valid information.
You must be registered for see images attach

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct, I have not paid the initial $9.99 because I was under the impression that you could evaluate it prior to purchase. If that is not the case that could be the problem.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s only $20 total. It works. I don’t understand your hesitation.
“If that is not the case that could be the problem.”
Yes, that is the problem. It doesn’t work unless you get it.

Last edited:

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so I have now purchased the app, and then checked for sepcial PIDs but I received a message that there are no special PIDs for my 1997?

I tried again to connect but still do not. When I select my BAFX WiFi I apparenlty loose my internet connection. It seems that I need to be able to connect to the website at the same time you are connecting to the vehicle so I need to determine how to maintain an internet connection while connecting to the OBD reader. I tried enabling mobil data but that did not do the trick.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what to say dude.
You must be registered for see images attach

1997 is available.

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I click on 1997 I get a message that says there are no extended PIDS for my vehicle and that I should validate my vehicle information. My perception is that the validation is done when the app connects to the vehicle through the reader but because I can not get a connection I can not validate the vehicle to determine if ther are PIDS available.

Thanks for all your support. I need to determine how to connect to the reader and the website at the same time as I think that is the key to getting off the ground. I can see where having the reader connected via bluetooth would resolve this but there must be a way, just haven't figured it out yet.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plug BAFX into port. Then, on phone, I go to “Settings” and under WiFi, select the OBD2. Then I open the App, for some reason, sometimes I have to immediately go back and re-select the OBD2 in “Settings”, open App, wait for it to turn Green if it isn’t already. Then it’s ready to go.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a message that says there are no extended PIDS for my vehicle and that I should validate my vehicle information
Have you entered your VIN and other essential information? If you haven’t, then it saying no PIDS available would make sense, since it has no idea what vehicle you are talking about.

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still no connection. I blelieve Caman96 you have an iPhone where I have an Android phone so that may be part fo my problem.

I am going to take a break from this for a few days and ponder what I may be able to do.

The frustrating part is I don't have any trouble connecting to the Torque Pro app with the same reader, phone, and WiFi setup. Unfortunately I can not seem to get the right PID information for CMP Offset on the Torque Pro app.