Usb ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi folks, I thought I'd share my approach using old cd player cubby - left to right: usb port for stereo with a micro flash drive stuffed in it | driving light | box lights | back up lights | knock sensor

You must be registered for see images attach

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi folks, I thought I'd share my approach using old cd player cubby - left to right: usb port for stereo with a micro flash drive stuffed in it | driving light | box lights | back up lights | knock sensor

You must be registered for see images attach
What is the knock sensor one?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should have included in the original description - no laughing, the engine now in the truck is #5... original was problematic and I replaced it, four more times :-( The last time due to bad fuel which created holes in several pistons while I was covering miles listening to tunes. Now I can see when things are getting noisy/expensive. The light converts the knock sensor signals to visual - green happy, red not happy.

https://dealers.linkecu.com/G4KNL

Last edited:

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, I ran out of patience chewing up motors, which occurred for different reasons, but the bad gas on cruise while listening to my favorite tunes totally blindsided me and I swore I would find a way to prevent that from happening again. Apparently, it only takes 4 cylinders to cruise at 70mph in an empty truck - early version of cylinder deactivation....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I can see when things are getting noisy/expensive. The light converts the knock sensor signals to visual - green happy, red not happy.
That's cool! Did you hook it up by tapping into the existing KS or does it require a dedicated one?

Chilledspode

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not certain - given my state of mind at the time, I asked the shop doing the work to go with the complete kit (sensor + display). I imagine you could use the stock sensor as the module learns the input signals - I would check with link directly. I will never run a non stock motor without one of these :) Cheers