upgrading my d1-sc pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! If you ain't falling, you ain't learning!
"Where the hell is that confounded 'limit'?"
It's a lifestyle choice!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be able to tell everybody the limit of the little 10 bolt with all the upgrading internals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I found out that my 10 bolts limit was 350hp trying to get 10 feet out of second gear going uphill....all I had was the powertrax in it

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should have kept that to yourself! I'm way past that 350hp mark. I've got moser axles, detroit trutrac, Yukon gears, the stud girdle type cover, and gonna have a 4 link soon. Hopefully it stays together for a little bit so funds can recuperate so I can afford a 9"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woah I like the bracket and pulley design. Is that on a Vortec truck? I've got a P1SC I've been slowly rebuilding for mine. Would love to hear about your setup!

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the 355ci set up started as a ati-procharger p1-sc with a 454tbi and a custom configuration of fpr's ...when went on the dyno I keep running out of fuel at the top end...so I changed out to a edelbrock mpfi intake with hi-flow rails and 44 lbs injectors and upgraded the whole fuel system to -12 sump to -10 feed and -8 return with a vacuum referenced fpr, a1000 fuel pump with controller and 62 lbs injectors and upgraded the p1-sc to a d1-sc with a custom made 3.10 pulley. the whole thing is tuned through dynamic efi software on a dedicated laptop wired to the truck, at this point I found a tuner that knew what he was doing and helped me tune the truck to 500+rwhp and tq...now I have upgraded to a 2.65 pulley and lowered my max rpm's to 5100...I will change out the map sensor to a 3 bar and up the base fuel pressure to 45 or 50lbs...and give it a shot on the dyno I also will run water/meth injection

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 355ci set up started as a ati-procharger p1-sc with a 454tbi and a custom configuration of fpr's ...when went on the dyno I keep running out of fuel at the top end...so I changed out to a edelbrock mpfi intake with hi-flow rails and 44 lbs injectors and upgraded the whole fuel system to -12 sump to -10 feed and -8 return with a vacuum referenced fpr, a1000 fuel pump with controller and 62 lbs injectors and upgraded the p1-sc to a d1-sc with a custom made 3.10 pulley. the whole thing is tuned through dynamic efi software on a dedicated laptop wired to the truck, at this point I found a tuner that knew what he was doing and helped me tune the truck to 500+rwhp and tq...now I have upgraded to a 2.65 pulley and lowered my max rpm's to 5100...I will change out the map sensor to a 3 bar and up the base fuel pressure to 45 or 50lbs...and give it a shot on the dyno I also will run water/meth injection
That's wicked. I'm shooting for 500 on a stock bottom end, stock heads L31 with bolt ons and a 0411 PCM... My blowers been apart for nearly a year now... Just the wait on parts is ridiculous. Had to have two new gears made and have my eyes set of a Helix impeller... Going with ceramic bearings on it and I did a little porting on the volute/impeller housing. Mine was off a 454 and mounts opposite of what mine does so I've got to change the position of the drain plug and have to move the dipstick tray. I've got a Riehard racing groove no-slip pulley I'll use I can't remember the size but it should be close to 9/10lbs of boost

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I had that rr pulley 3.10 8lbs... it shredded my belt to nothing...I had to redesign how the belt goes, to get a better wrap on the pulley

You must be registered for see images attach

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had that rr pulley 3.10 8lbs... it shredded my belt to nothing...I had to redesign how the belt goes, to get a better wrap on the pulley

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah that's what I'm a little worried about running their pulley, but if I was to make the belt wrap more coverage, think it might be alright to run?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I have no problems with slippage...with the 3.10, I had made at a machine shop, 14lbs boost @ 6000rpm's ...with this new pulley I had made, I think 20lbs @5100 rpm's