Unusual starter issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghosterbuck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck will spin over and all of a sudden the bendix Kursk back in but the starter keeps spinning long as you hold the key. Starter good, New solenoid, flywheel good. Ideas?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad spring on the bendix, or a bad actuator arm. Disassemble the starter and check it out, you'll likely find the problem.

ghosterbuck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we marked the flexplate, spun it and looked at where it hung. Same place. It appears my flexplate is bent. I'm thinking the motor fell in my shop when I pulled it (I don't recall. That was like 2 months ago)

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right. My suggestions were based on the premise that nothing was wrong with the flywheel. They're fairly cheap, so you shouldn't have much trouble fixing it aside from pulling the trans back out.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
My starters doing same thing.. sounds like the ring gear on starter has like 1 good tooth, so it spins, spins, spins until it finds a place to hang up that tooth, then next time you try to start she'll go.