Unlucky in Central Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotaZ71

Reaction score
So I picked up a 1990 K1500 with 164K that needed a bunch of work. Got it in trade for a roofing job. Swapped out all the shocks, the whole front steering/suspension, all fuel lines from engine to tank, driver's leaf spring, added a hitch and swapped out the bench for buckets and a console from a 94 Blazer. Rusty as hell, but the previous owner supplied most of the parts and had just put on new tires. After getting all the work done and planning out future projects (and checking in here for tips and tricks...just hadn't introduced myself) I started driving it for work. (I'm a general contractor) A week and a half of driving and I get rear ended by a dump truck while at a stop light. The impact tore the bed almost completely off the frame, bent the hitch until it almost touched the ground which of course twisted the frame like a pretzel, broke a shock mount, and broke the driver's seat from the impact. Not to mention messed me up pretty decently too. So the insurance company totalled it, gave me a decent price, and let me buy it back for 400. I need something that can tow, so I found a 1997 Z71 with 206K on it. Typical rust, but not rusted through. 3rd door won't open. Brake light is on, check engine light revealed a ton of codes (multiple misfires, too lean, too rich, O2 sensors, Cat efficiency, etc) so I cleared it so I can start fresh and see what is current if it pops back on. So I have some issues to address. Definitely needs a tune up. But I got it for 2500 so hopefully it goes well. Has 18" Silverado wheels on it so I posted those on Craigslist tonight in hopes of finding some 16's with decent tires to trade-cheaper replacement tires that way. The only part that really kills me is that it's white...urg...Well, at any rate..hello all.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
"If it wasn't for bad luck..."
You're the only 'Normal' guy here! Lol!
(Yea I know! Bad pun! But, it was there! Had too!)

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Whats wrong with white?.......:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Hope it works out for you...love my 97

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with Poncho62, I Love my WHITE 97 3 door Silverado 5.7 Welcome to the forum. Sorry for you problems.

NotaZ71

Reaction score
:) I'm usually a dark gray/black kind of guy. Those are some nice white ones though!! Thanks for the welcome all. I look forward to sharing my build as I bring my new baby back from the brink of death.