Under the Hood Dress Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Not Much (dirty, old pic)

Corvette valve covers, a little paint, a little chrome. Some of which has since been repainted

You must be registered for see images attach

howd you delete your canister? just removed the lines closed them off from the TB? or did you hook it back up. im debating takiong mine off dont know the side effects of it though.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm not one to dress up the engine, although I like the looks. Anyways, since this is an underhood thread, I guess I can throw this out. First off, I just work there, I in NO WAY get an extra penny if anyone buys one or not, I am NOT a vendor, etc. Anyways, company I work for makes things for cars. New product this year is under hood covers/insulation kits. The GMT400 will be one of those hoods. This past weekend me and a coworker ran a booth at a swap meet, and I had a surprising amount of people ask if we have them (under hood cover) for that truck, as they pointed at my GMT400 behind the booth. So since so much interest, I'll be sure to have my truck hood rushed :) So sometime this week I'll drive the GMT400 to work and have hood patterned and then first cut will go on my truck. I'll post pix if anyone is interested. I wont start a new thread because I am NOT a vendor, I only work there. By next week the GMT400 under hood pad will for sale. A flat one will be. They'll also be releasing one with the bow tie or GMC vacuum formed on the ABS plastic portion (licensed and authorized by GM). The vacuum formed ones wont be for sale until March or so though. Flat ones as soon as pattern is done. If anyone is at all interested, I'll post a picture of our display hood we take to shows. And then next weekend post a picture with my truck one done. It does look really sharp though. I can't wait until mine is done haha.

Im interested to see man

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
howd you delete your canister? just removed the lines closed them off from the TB? or did you hook it back up. im debating takiong mine off dont know the side effects of it though.

Charcoal canister? It's still there.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Neither of the engine bays in my trucks are photo worthy!
Once the '97 gets outa bodyshop, that's the next project for that truck. Nothing fancy, just a good detailing. A bit of a rattle can tune up.

My black truck will have the engine bay detailed when the LS goes in.
But, the engine in my '70 BBC Nova was so clean you could eat off of it! Spent hours under there! Even pulled the engine one time just to paint it! If I got caught in a rain storm, I'd spend about 4 hours just cleaning under the hood!
Pretty funny pulling into get gas, & 3 gas jockeys (remember those?) would be chomping at the bit, arguing with each other, to let me let one of them check the oil! Then watching their eyes bug out when I opened the hood!
Can't wait to get the '98 done!

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Oh you know. A little grease here, a little oil there.

You must be registered for see images attach

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!