ULTRA Low Mileage 454SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why people go nuts over thier 1990 SS. They are not THAT rare.
1990 they produced 13,748 only in black (that's less than 1% I think, don't hold me to this)
91 - 983
92 - 1,379
93 - 843

The SS is cool, but 90's are not rare. If you want a cool truck that you don't mind driving, get a 90. If you want something to put into a musuem get a Red or White 93. Just my .02

Btw my truck was low mileage (49,000) and I didn't pay near that, not even 1/4 of that price.

On top of that, they aren't much faster than a standard small block truck. I'd rather spend 2 grand on a reg/short small block truck and another 2 grand on a solid gen 1 SBC. More power, cheaper, lighter.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly. Without a head and cam change they are just gas sucking, DOGS. H/C & Intake, now it's a whole different story. And there's no replacement for displacement.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Problem with that is whoever buys a truck like this one isn't going to modify it. Stock everything. Just doesn't make sense to me.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the parts dept manager at that dealership and if i remember correctly that is the owner of the dealerships truck and it is modified under the hood quite a bit,use to see it at some of the cruise nites down in that area near the dealership a few years back.