Tweeter Mount Adapter (Interest?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Basically it would be an adapter to that would fit an aftermarket tweeter into the stock mounting location and twist lock style mount. The twist mount looks easy, finding a way to mount tweeters that have a larger than the OD of the locating ridge is going to be the challenge. The locating ridge is only ~1.5in OD. I'll play with it more tonight or Wednesday.
Gotcha. That'd be great!

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in this. I see you're located in Livermore! Welcome to the forum!

EDIT: Just noticed you said you have a blown speaker. I just swapped all of the speakers in my Suburban, I have 3 of the 4 door speakers (minus tweeters, obviously) if you want to replace it with OEM.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
What size tweeter do you have mounted there? and did you just screw it in or something?

IIRC, 1.5". Just the reg. size that came with the component set.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crazy glued the two cups together.

Drilled the center hole between the them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Broke those clips down. They came with the component's kit & wiring.

Drilled out the plastic cover through those slotted holes in that previous pic, for the wires to go through.

Used those mounting cups so that they pushed the speaker out past the edge of the dash.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I worked on it tonight and this is what I whipped up for the basic part:

I just made it the stock size with the central hole but it should be customizable to a point. Bet we'll have to use some sort of 2nd piece to attach the tweeter and mount it behind this piece as I've not really found an off the shelf tweeter that has a flush mount hole under 1.5in.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in this. I see you're located in Livermore! Welcome to the forum!

EDIT: Just noticed you said you have a blown speaker. I just swapped all of the speakers in my Suburban, I have 3 of the 4 door speakers (minus tweeters, obviously) if you want to replace it with OEM.
Thanks, been here just over a year now.
Being a cheapskate I might go for those OEM speakers but let me see what's going on with which one is busted. I was driving and I could hear it was busted but not sure which one it was other than not the one right by me. Are they all the same except for the tweeters obviously?

On the original topic:
Looking through the listings for tweeters it looks like most of the listing dimensions are for the mounting cups, since this largely takes the place of that, there are some space savings to be gained there. I keep seeing tweeters with studs on the back so it could be a cup like section that you use the stud to hold it down and it otherwise free floats in it. Will have to talk to my buddy with the printer about printing something like that.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Thanks, been here just over a year now.
Being a cheapskate I might go for those OEM speakers but let me see what's going on with which one is busted. I was driving and I could hear it was busted but not sure which one it was other than not the one right by me. Are they all the same except for the tweeters obviously?

On the original topic:
Looking through the listings for tweeters it looks like most of the listing dimensions are for the mounting cups, since this largely takes the place of that, there are some space savings to be gained there. I keep seeing tweeters with studs on the back so it could be a cup like section that you use the stud to hold it down and it otherwise free floats in it. Will have to talk to my buddy with the printer about printing something like that.
What type of 400 do you drive? If you drive the suburban, it is 6.5" in the front, 6.75" in the rear doors and 4x10 in the rear roof.

EDIT: OEM speakers are no where near cheap if you want to purchase some brand new ones. One 4x10 OEM speaker will cost you ~$80 before tax from the stealership in Dublin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: