Tweeter Mount Adapter (Interest?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

While on a recent trip one of the guys I was with put in a bluegrass CD and I found out I have a blown speaker. Digging through the forum and other resources (as well as playing with a junkyard unit I have) it's pretty obvious that the tweeter mount is vehicle specific as y'all already know.

Would there be any interest in mounting adapters for aftermarket tweeters if I had some 3D printed? A buddy has a printer and I design stuff as part of my day job.

Thanks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely! I had to fab some for my red truck and it was a royal pain in the ass. If you develop a model and confirm that it drops in I'd buy a few sets to have around for sure.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They should probably be mounted up towards the top of the door but I just put these aftermarket Boston Acoustics in my doors.

You must be registered for see images attach

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically it would be an adapter to that would fit an aftermarket tweeter into the stock mounting location and twist lock style mount. The twist mount looks easy, finding a way to mount tweeters that have a larger than the OD of the locating ridge is going to be the challenge. The locating ridge is only ~1.5in OD. I'll play with it more tonight or Wednesday.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where would the new mounting location be?

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

They should probably be mounted up towards the top of the door but I just put these aftermarket Boston Acoustics in my doors.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about adapters to mount aftermarket tweeters underneath the factory tweeter grille in the 96+ trucks. It's doable, but not particularly easy. I squeezed my DLS Reference tweeters under there just barely. You can kind of see them peeking through the grille. Please excuse my filthy interior...

EDIT - Yup, beat me to it!

You must be registered for see images

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, only the higher trim levels got the factory components.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Mine is a W/T with manual windows and no factory tweeters or grilles

Going to dye that speaker pod & the plastic trianglular mirror mount cover trim piece that it's attached to, black.
Been meaning to do it for a while. No time.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to dye that speaker pod & the plastic trianglular mirror mount cover trim piece that it's attached to, black.
Been meaning to do it for a while. No time.

What size tweeter do you have mounted there? and did you just screw it in or something?