Turning radius ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wwildman

Reaction score
Well I drove 3 different trucks
1. Is my 95 Gmc
2.94 Z71
3.97 Tahoe
the 94 and 97 have better turning radius then the 95
My question is what is the difference?

Wwildman

Reaction score
The 94 is a ecsb with 265 the Tahoe is a 2 door with stock tires .but id does not matter because I have driven a bunch of different ones from the 88-98 and the 95 has the worst turning radius

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Both of my rcsb's amaze me with their turning radiuses. I can turn around in places that just doesn't seem possible for a full size truck. So tight that the tires skip over themselves at a slow, parking lot speed, & the steering wheel turned to full lock. But they are 2whl. dr. I've noticed the 4X's can't turn as tight as that. Are the steering stops on the 4X's lower control arms a different size or shape than the 2 whl. drives?

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
My 97 ecsb 4x4 can't turn worth a damn to the right. Now to the left is a different story. It turns great going that way.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
My '92 has the turning radius of a mega oil tanker. My Tahoe, on the other hand, has one like a hot wheels car. But its 2WD.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 93 turned a hell of a lot better than my 06......the o6 has the turning radius of a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier. I couldnt imagine what a dually like mine would turn like.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
On the old trucks, a 4x4 had alot less turning radius due to the ujoints in the front axle binding if they went as far as a 2wd. But just the years being different, then yeah, the bump stops must be different. I never try to hold wheel at lock while turning, usually get a little feedback from pump and engine bog.